The EMLex offers a diverse spectrum of teachers & lecturers from around the globe. This course will be held by:
Leibniz Institute for the German Language (IDS)
This module provides a compact and hands-on overview of basic tools, methods and technologies in today’s digital lexicography. The focus is on the use of the markup language XML for the structured representation of lexicographic data as well as on technologies for data management, storage and presentation. Topics to be treated in this module include:
- Structuring and modeling of lexicographical data
- Standards and technologies for the XML data format in electronic lexicography
- Basics of database and web technologies
- Managing lexicographical work: tools and processes
Please see the module description for further information.
- EMLex guest speaker series (public lecture): Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Dmitrij O. Dobrovol’skij (Russian Academy of Sciences): Idiomatisierte Konstruktionen verschiedener Typen in einem zweisprachigen Wörterbuch
|Evaluation method||90 minutes written assignment|
Information on the EMLex 2021 Summer school:
Practical arrangements: Participants will receive a syllabus, relevant literature and suggestions on how to prepare for the course by e-mail well in advance. The sessions are moderated by the lecturer and the guest lecturer. The lessons are centered around practical exercises with the computer, to be carried out in small groups (instructions will be given beforehand).
Certificate: There are two alternatives to get an EMLex 2021 Summer school certificate – (a) without grade: active participation in practical exercises and class discussions and (b) with grade: 90 minute written assignment.